Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Stephen Shore: Retrospective

On November 19, 2017, the Stephen Shore Retrospective opened to the public at the Museum of Modern Art in New York City.

Mr. Shore's unique perspective has been a source of inspiration since college, when I was handed his "Uncommon Places" by my professor, after a successful critique of a series I'd been working on. Since that day, he's become my favorite photographer and his work has had a profound influence on my own. Seeing his massive body of work renewed my enthusiasm, and reminded me just how much I love documenting the world in my view.








Two weeks later, the Strand Bookstore was holding a book signing for the monograph from the Retrospective. I was so excited to meet Mr. Shore and have him sign my copy that I could barely contain myself. I never know what to say when meeting anyone remotely noteworthy, but Mr. Shore holds idol status for me. When it was my turn, I managed to utter a compliment and asked for a photo with him.


No comments:

Post a Comment